Wyatt Technology, a 34-year old family-owned and operated enterprise, is the world's largest company dedicated to SEC-MALS detectors for absolute macromolecular characterization. Our instrumentation provides the essential techniques for characterizing macromolecules and nanoparticles in solution, in order to determine molar mass, size, charge, and interactions. Wyatt's extensive applications laboratories and its full-time staff (including more than 18 PhD scientists) means our customers receive deep technical expertise and support. To ensure the personal touch, "Light Scattering University" (LSU) is included with most of our instruments. We bring you to Santa Barbara to de-mystify light scattering, work you hard but feed you well, and, of course, explain how to get the most from your Wyatt Technology equipment.
Chief Chromatographic Techniques Supported
Wyatt's products are the most widely used multi-angle light scattering (MALS) detectors in the world. They are employed in thousands of laboratories including, but not limited to, companies involved in biotechnology, pharmaceutical development, and chemical and petrochemical research, in addition to government national labs and academic facilities.
WTC's family of instruments includes:
- DAWN HELEOS: An 18-angle SEC–MALS detector that can be used at ambient, elevated, and below ambient temperatures for polymers, particles, and biopolymers.
- MiniDAWN: A SEC–MALS detector ideal for proteins and peptides and molar mass materials below 1 million Da.
- µDAWN: The world's first MALS detector for UHPLC. Compatible with all UHPLCs for molar mass and size determinations.
- UT-rEX: The world's first refractive index (RI) detector for UHPLC. Operates at the same wavelength of light as the µDAWN.
- Eclipse system: For separation of macromolecules and nano particles in solution.
- Optilab TrEX: The most advanced RI detector in the world with 256 times the detection power and 50 times the dynamic range of any other RI detector. The TrEX can be operated below or above ambient temperature and determine dn/dc at the same wavelength of light as the lightscattering instrument.
- WyattQELS: A quasi-elastic (dynamic) light-scattering instrument that can be interfaced to the DAWN HELEOS or the miniDAWN TREOS to determine particle sizes as small as 1 nm.
- ViscoStar viscometer: A state-of-the-art intrinsic viscosity detector that can be operated above or below ambient temperature with its precise Peltier thermostatic controls.
- WTC Protein Columns: A family of new silica based columns specifically designed for SEC–MALS protein applications. These columns retain all the important features of a first-class SEC column for protein separations.
WTC maintains more than 45,000 square feet of modern electronics, optical prototype, machine shop, and laboratory facilities in Santa Barbara, California.
Wyatt Technology Corp.
6300 Hollister Ave.,
Santa Barbara, CA 93117
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES